Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/20 19:52:42 UTC

Why don't we have turn on structured debug info by default?

It just occurred to me that there's the
"debug.explain.structured=true" parameter. Would it make sense to make
that set by default (in the configs or the code is up in the air).
Yes, it's a change in behavior, but I think making people find this
(obscure) flag is making unnecessary work for them.

I'd probably advocate making it the default in the code, It's exactly
a one-liner in SolrPluginUtils.java....

I'd argue that anyone making programmatic use of the debug output
wouldn't be inconvenienced too much if this were changed.

Should I raise a JIRA?

Erick

Re: Why don't we have turn on structured debug info by default?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, OK. Wow your memory goes back a long way! Never mind then....