Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu> on 2016/11/29 23:17:12 UTC

Dev notes about storage file/folder layouts

Hi all,
I went ahead and made a quick document describing how all the storage files
get laid out, since right now I don't think anything like that exists. It's
something we should have described at least a little, as otherwise the only
way to know is to read the code. It is good to know what to expect in those
folders for diagnosing lots of storage/persistence related issues.

The document is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASTERIXDB/AsterixDB+On-Disk+File+and+Folder+structure
.

Suggestions/corrections are more than welcome of course.

- Ian

Re: Dev notes about storage file/folder layouts

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
There\u2019s a change that would change one aspect of this:
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/1367/

Thoughts welcome.

Cheers,
Till