Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Donnie Cherng <dc...@axiowave.com> on 2000/12/28 18:30:03 UTC

Re: Cannot start httpd - help

>>>  "G.W. Haywood" wrote:
 > Hi there,
 >
 > On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Donnie Cherng wrote:
 >
 > > I have tried to install
 > > 	apache_1.3.14 and mod_perl-1.24_01.
 > >
 > > No problem on the "configure, make, make install".  However, when I tried
 > > start httpd by "/home/users/dcherng/apache/bin/apachectl start", I got
 > >
 > >   Syntax error on line 207 of /home/users/dcherng/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
 > >   Cannot load /home/users/dcherng/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so into s
     erver: ld.so.1: /home/users/dcherng/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation er
     ror: file /home/users/dcherng/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so: symbol ap
     _pcalloc: referenced symbol not
 >  found
 > >   /home/users/dcherng/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be start
     ed

 > Do you actually need mod_vhost_alias?
 >
 > If not, comment out the line(s) in httpd.conf that refer to it and try
 > again.  I'd prefer to build static anyway.  It's all in the Guide,
I would like to use "mod_perl" modules.  I don't think the "static" way can
do it.

Just comment out the mod_vhost_alias line.  But the the second LoadModule
"mod_env.so" has the same problem.

Thanks,
Donnie