Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/06 22:00:04 UTC

Nutch web site

Hi,
It looks like Nutch web site was updated with site built from latest
trunk - the only problem is it contains tutorial for unreleased (yet)
version 0.8. I think we talked about it and agreed to keep tutorial for
latest release on the Web. I have just updated site in svn (branch-0.7)
with latest changes (forrest 0.7 compatibility and mailing list
archives) and rebuilt it using forrest 0.7. If no objections I can
switch web site to use version from branch instead of trunk.
Regards
Piotr

Re: Nutch web site

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Piotr Kosiorowski wrote:
> It looks like Nutch web site was updated with site built from latest
> trunk - the only problem is it contains tutorial for unreleased (yet)
> version 0.8. I think we talked about it and agreed to keep tutorial for
> latest release on the Web. I have just updated site in svn (branch-0.7)
> with latest changes (forrest 0.7 compatibility and mailing list
> archives) and rebuilt it using forrest 0.7. If no objections I can
> switch web site to use version from branch instead of trunk.

+1

Thanks!

Doug

Re: Nutch web site

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Piotr Kosiorowski wrote:
> Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
>> +1, yes it would be really confusing. Since there are more and more
>> people trying 0.8, could we perhaps include a short  note that 0.8
>> and later is NOT compatible with this tutorial, and a reference to
>> the tutorial for 0.8 (or the trunk/ branch in general)?
>>

> I can add both tutorials to Nutch web site named Tutorial for 0.7
> version and Tutorial for 0.8 version. It should make things clear.
> Anyone against it?

Sounds like a good plan.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: Nutch web site

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
Personally I would like to have a "stable" minimal tutorial kept in version
control and tagged with releases. But feel fre to copy the contents to Wiki
and improve it - we will have extended version there.
regards
Piotr

Re: Nutch web site

Posted by Matthias Jaekle <ja...@eventax.de>.

Re: Nutch web site

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
It was maintained in branch as we agreed public website should contain
docs for released version. I have nothing against moving it to trunk
and maintaining it there. Sorry for late response but I am back from
vacation and going through all these emails.
Regards,
Piotr

Re: Nutch web site

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
Piotr,

RE: Nutch web site

Posted by Richard Braman <rb...@bramantax.com>.
No that sounds good to me.  I also think that the whole web vs. crawl
needs to be better explained.  I will write a bug/patch for it tomorrow.

Re: Nutch web site

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Nutch web site

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.