Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 19:16:09 UTC

Obfuscated Atom

FYI... I'm not really convinced that this is a good thing, but I just
wanted to point out the fact that Abdera is able to handle James
Holderness Obfuscated Atom example [1] just fine:

[1] http://www.xn--8ws00zhy3a.com/blog/2007/10/obfuscated-atom

Abdera abdera = Abdera.getInstance();
String s =
  "http://www.xn--8ws00zhy3a.com/tests/atom/obfuscated/1_4.atom";
URL url = new URL(s);
Document<Feed> doc =
  abdera.getParser().parse(
    url.openStream(),url.toString());
System.out.println(doc.getRoot());

The reason that I don't really like this is mainly due to the security
problems inherent in DTD's.  In the original Abdera implementation, I
had tried to disable DTD support but I had found that Stax parser
support for disabling DTD's was spotty at best.

- James