Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2005/01/20 00:01:23 UTC

Re: Advice requested on best way to implement log4* to support non-hierarchal categories

Daniel,

In log4j 1.4, (the version after 1.3), log4j will offer ways of
classifying loggers in multiple dimensions. This is designed to solve
exactly the same problem you are trying to solve. For log4j 1.2 and
1.3, the suggestions provided by Scott and Curt remain valid.

--
Ceki Gülcü