Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2011/09/05 23:01:07 UTC

Auditor and OSGi

I posted the following mail on OpenJPA's mailing list but got no answer. I'm
posting it on the Aries mailing list as well since I suspect that this may
rather depend on the JPA container in Aries than on OpenJPA itself.

/Bengt

----

Hello everyone,

After a long discussion about audit logging on this mailing list, Pinaki
developed an audit logging facility that he describes on:

http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/OpenJPA-Audit-Facility-tc6722915.html

It provides very interesting functionality and I've tried it in simple JUnit
scenarios using RESOURCE_LOCAL and it seems to work fine. However, my
production environment nowadays is OSGi using Karaf+Felix. I use Aries for
transaction support and also for it's JPA support. In that environment,
OpenJPA doesn't seem to be able to find my auditor implementation
(se.digia.maia.common.auditlog.impl.MaiaAuditor) that I specify in my
persistence.xml.

Has anyone else tried OpenJPA's new audit log facility? How can I make
OpenJPA find classes specified in the persistence.xml? I have double-checked
that the se.digia.maia.common.auditlog.impl is exported from my implementing
bundle.

I get the following exception:

*ERROR: Bundle org.apache.aries.jpa.container [21] EventDispatcher: Error

/Bengt

Re: Auditor and OSGi

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Thanks for your advice Tim.

I have a discussion with the OpenJPA people (Pinaki) about this. It seems
the "normal" way of doing this has not been done in this case. I assume they
normally do it the way you suggest but has failed to do so for the new audit
logging facility.

In other words, there is a bug in OpenJPA that they are looking into.

Thanks for your help,

/Bengt

RE: Auditor and OSGi

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 23:01:07 +0200
Subject: Auditor and OSGi

From: bengt@rodehav.com
To: user@aries.apache.org

[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
[...]

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: se.digia.maia.common.auditlog.impl.MaiaAuditor

Re: Auditor and OSGi

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Thanks for your reply Tim,

RE: Auditor and OSGi