Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gerd Mueller <Ge...@smb-tec.com> on 2002/08/01 10:22:56 UTC

Re: advice on a simple architecture for xml versioning

> My research on the subject led me to the following (not much, I admit):
>
> 1. It does exist an XMLDiff utility (see www.vmguys.com), but it needs JDOM.
>    Is anyone using it in a C2 environment ?
>    Does exist some other alternative in the xml.apache realm ?

Within the Prowler-Project (http://www.infozone-group.org) we startet versioning
of XML documents based on DOM. It works in so far that you can create a version
tree of a document but without branches and tags (so it's not a real tree ;-)).
If I remember right, there is also a Swing-based frontend.

Best Regards,
Gerd

Re: advice on a simple architecture for xml versioning

Posted by "Robert S. Koberg" <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi,

Gerd Mueller wrote:
>>My research on the subject led me to the following (not much, I admit):
>>
>>1. It does exist an XMLDiff utility (see www.vmguys.com), but it needs JDOM.
>>   Is anyone using it in a C2 environment ?
>>   Does exist some other alternative in the xml.apache realm ?
>

> Within the Prowler-Project (http://www.infozone-group.org) we startet versioning
> of XML documents based on DOM. It works in so far that you can create a version
> tree of a document but without branches and tags (so it's not a real tree ;-)).
> If I remember right, there is also a Swing-based frontend.

Subversion is looking very cool - http://subversion.tigris.org.

You get back well-formed conflicts... ahhh....

But currently there is no real java interface. There seems to be a
little activity, though.

best,
-Rob