Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mrinal Sharma <ms...@smithmicro.com> on 2020/06/17 19:47:27 UTC

Apache Camel Issue with Spring Boot 2.1.9 RELEASE

Hello,

I have a Jhipster UAA Server based Spring Boot(2.1.9 RELEASE) application which loads PKCS12 file in UAAServer. Once I added Camel 3 Dependency the KeyStore API's started giving errors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KeyPair keyPair = new KeyStoreKeyFactory(
             new ClassPathResource(uaaProperties.getKeyStore().getName()), uaaProperties.getKeyStore().getPassword().toCharArray())
             .getKeyPair(uaaProperties.getKeyStore().getAlias());
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The error that is thrown is :
Caused by: java.io.IOException: keystore password was incorrect

Why would addition of Camel 3 cause this error?

Thanks,
Mrinal Sharma

RE: Apache Camel Issue with Spring Boot 2.1.9 RELEASE

Posted by Mrinal Sharma <ms...@smithmicro.com>.
No, it's not wrong. The Keystore works with the same password if I remove Camel dependency. With camel added, it gives the error. Some more Information from Java Security Logs. Not sure why in non-working logs code picks bouncycastle.

Non-working logs:
Provider: KeyStore.JKS type from: SUN
Provider: MessageDigest.SHA algorithm from: SUN
pkcs12: Loading PKCS#7 data
pkcs12: Loading PKCS#7 encryptedData (PBEWithSHA1AndRC2_40 iterations: 50000)
jar: beginEntry org/bouncycastle/jcajce/provider/symmetric/RC2$PBEWithSHAAnd40BitRC2.class
jar: Manifest Entry: org/bouncycastle/jcajce/provider/symmetric/RC2$PBEWithSHAAnd40BitRC2.class digest=SHA-256
jar:   manifest 3654e2acabc5ecdfbc8e5c1b37356975ead6804bd65560e61e190999cc14fbf28
jar:   computed 3654e2acabc5ecdfbc8e51cb37356975ead6804bd65560e61e190999cc14fbf28
jar:
jar: beginEntry org/bouncycastle/jcajce/provider/symmetric/util/BaseBlockCipher.class
jar: Manifest Entry:

Working Logs:
Provider: KeyStore.JKS type from: SUN
Provider: MessageDigest.SHA algorithm from: SUN
pkcs12: Loading PKCS#7 data
ProviderConfig: Loading provider: com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE
policy: getPermissions:
	PD CodeSource: (file:/C:/AdoptOpenJDK/jdk-8.0.232.09-hotspot/jre/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar <no signer certificates>)
	PD ClassLoader: sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader@3c4c4927
	PD Principals: <no principals>
policy: evaluate codesources:
	Policy CodeSource: (file:/C:/AdoptOpenJDK/jdk-8.0.232.09-hotspot/jre/lib/ext/* <no signer certificates>)
	Active CodeSource: (file:/C: /AdoptOpenJDK/jdk-8.0.232.09-hotspot/jre/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar <no signer certificates>)
policy: evaluate principals:
	Policy Principals: []
	Active Principals: []
policy:   granting ("java.security.AllPermission" "<all permissions>" "<all actions>")
policy: evaluation (codesource/principals) passed

Thanks,
Mrinal
CAUTION - EXTERNAL EMAIL This email originated from outside of Smith Micro Software. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

The keystore password is wrong.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mrinal Sharma <ms...@smithmicro.com>.
Can you elaborate more?