Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org> on 2009/06/13 16:25:14 UTC

Re: How are js-interpreters run in presence of concurrent connections to javascript-show dynamic page?

Hi Dmitry, I didn't write the code but my understanding is that we
look for an unused OS process for the requested language; if we find
one, we use that process, if not, we spawn a new one.  There is also a
comment in the code

> % Note to future self. Add max process limit.

So the simple answer to your question is that the responses to
concurrent _show requests will be generated in separate OS processes.
Sorry for the radio silence on user@, it's not usually the case.  Most
of the devs are listening there too.  Best,

Adam

Posted by Dmitry Unkovsky <oi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for reply ;)

I will dig in code a bit later for now it was question for having some
guess of process.

Idea of having js on server side, together with erlang inspires a lot ;)