Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2022/04/24 02:25:46 UTC

[VOTE] graduate Apache Doris (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Dear Incubator Community,

After having the discussion in Doris community[1][2], we have passed the community vote[3].

And then made a discussion in general@incubator[4]. We got a lot of positive responses.

And have responded and addressed all suggestions and comments raised.

I would like to start this voting thread to request graduating the Doris project from the incubator as a TLP.

Please provide your vote as one of the following options:

[ ] +1 - Recommend graduation of Apache Doris as a TLP

[ ] 0 - I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

[ ] -1 - Do not recommend the graduation of Apache Doris because…

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

The following is a brief overview of the progress of the Doris project and community since entering the incubator:

1. Community

- 9 new PPMC members were added, from five different companies, bringing the total number of PPMC members to 22.

- 20 new Committers were added (including the new PPMC members), bringing the total number of Committers to 33.

- The number of Contributors is now 305 and growing[5].

2. Project

- 7 releases by 6 release managers. All compliance issues have been resolved.

- Doris official website[6] is compliant with Apache Foundation requirements[7].

- Project maturity model is detailed in [8].

- See Doris Project Incubation Status[9] for more info.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/90fd2pd3r6wgn4hnfdo3rd0wqkv23cgr

[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/xc5qj7m2k1ph0mc97otj0nf8vskdfrzv

[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/9yklv4vbp39jhrzbcx3qgpcs1osk3lyf

[4] https://lists.apache.org/thread/nbncjl8fdq0bcjop6l4747c8x9c06q00

[5] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris

[6] http://doris.incubator.apache.org/

[7] https://whimsy.apache.org/pods/project/doris

[8] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DORIS/Maturity+Assessment+for+Doris

[9] https://incubator.apache.org/projects/doris.html

Establish the Apache Doris Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of

the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish

a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance

of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,

related to a MPP-based interactive SQL data warehousing for reporting

and analysis.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee

(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Doris Project", be and hereby is

established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Doris Project be and hereby is responsible for

the creation and maintenance of software related to a MPP-based

interactive SQL data warehousing for reporting and analysis; and be it

further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Doris" be and

hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the

direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Doris

Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the

projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Doris Project;

and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are

appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Doris Project:

* Bin Ling <li...@apache.org>

* Bo Wang <wa...@apache.org>

* Chaoyong Li <li...@apache.org>

* Chun Zhao <zh...@apache.org>

* Conghui Cai <ca...@apache.org>

* Dayue Gao <ga...@apache.org>

* De Li <li...@apache.org>

* Hangyuan Liu <li...@apache.org>

* Hao Chen <ch...@apache.org>

* HaoPeng Li <li...@apache.org>

* Jiafeng Zhang <ji...@apache.org>

* Kaisen Kang <ka...@apache.org>

* Ling Miao <li...@apache.org>

* Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>

* Mingyu Chen <mo...@apache.org>

* Ruyue Ma <ma...@apache.org>

* Shao Feng Shi <sh...@apache.org>

* Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>

* Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>

* Zheng Shao <zs...@apache.org>

* Zhengguo Yang <ya...@apache.org>

* Zuo Wei <we...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Mingyu Chen be appointed to

the office of Vice President, Apache Doris, to serve in accordance with

and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of

the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or

disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Doris Project be and hereby is tasked with the

migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Doris podling; and

be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator

Doris podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter

discharged.

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

答复: [VOTE] graduate Apache Doris (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Posted by tan zhongyi <zh...@gmail.com>.
Glad to see it.

+1(no-binding)

Re: [VOTE] graduate Apache Doris (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Posted by Shuai Di <sh...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)
Doris's "Release Process & Verification" doc is a very good example
for new comers. Good luck!

Shuai Di
Best Regards.

Lidong Dai <li...@apache.org> 于2022年4月26日周二 13:22写道:

Posted by Lidong Dai <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Best Regards

---------------

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by peacewong <pe...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>.
+1 binding.

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Trista Pan
Twitter & Github: tristaZero

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
+1 (non binding)

Best,
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC

tison <wa...@gmail.com> 于2022年4月24日周日 14:00写道:

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Wang Weibing <ww...@apache.org>.
+1 (non binding)

回复:Re: [VOTE] graduate Apache Doris (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Posted by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding).

Ted Liu

  2022 年 4 月 24 日周日 11:54,Willem Jiang<wi...@gmail.com> 写道:   +1 (binding).
It's good to see Doris graduation!

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

Posted by zhg yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+ 1 (non-binding)

Looking forward to it
Thanks
Yang Zhengguo

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2022年4月24日周日 19:05写道:

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by ling miao <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding) Glad to see it ~

Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org> 于2022年4月24日周日 16:06写道:

> + 1 (non-binding)
>
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 11:11 AM XiaoYu <xi...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > + 1 (non-binding)
> >
> > Looking forward to it and wishing the community better the better!
> >
> > Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org> 于2022年4月24日周日 11:03写道:
> > >
> > > +1 (binding)
> > > Good to see Doris graduation!
> > >
> > > 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> 于2022年4月24日周日 10:26写道:

> the community vote[3].

> positive responses.

> Doris project from the incubator as a TLP.

> project and community since entering the incubator:

> bringing the total number of PPMC members to 22.

> bringing the total number of Committers to 33.

> major project discussions are happening in the dev@doris.

> resolved.

> requirements[7].

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DORIS/Maturity+Assessment+for+Doris

> ==============================================================================================

> of

> establish

> maintenance

> for

> it

> Project;

> Project:

> appointed to

> with

> Bylaws of

> further

> the

> and

> Incubator

> > > --
> > > Best wishes!
> > > CalvinKirs

Ling Miao | Apache Doris

Re: [VOTE] graduate Apache Doris (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Posted by Eason Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
+ 1 (non-binding)

Posted by XiaoYu <xi...@apache.org>.
+ 1 (non-binding)

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
Best wishes!
CalvinKirs

Re: [VOTE] graduate Apache Doris (Incubating) as a Top Level Project