Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by peter huang <pe...@hp.com> on 1998/07/24 18:37:17 UTC

general/2699: porting issues to HPUX10 and HPUX11

>Number:         2699
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       porting issues to HPUX10 and HPUX11
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
apache on HPUX 11
1. dl.h and dlfcn.h is available on HPUX 11. Unforunately, libdl.sl is
		only available on HPUX 11 64 bits (PARISC 2.0 hardware).
		For HPUX 11 32bits (PARISC 1.1 hardware), the libdld.sl is still
		the way to go.
2. current get_test_char will fail with pthread internal error if
		pthread was link.

apache for HPUX 10
	1. mmap is available on HPUX 10 and I would recommend using mmap instead
		of shmget (error will appear in the error log using shmget)
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
use MMAP as default for HPUX10 and HPUX11 and use SHMGET as backup