Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nadine Carlton <na...@hp.com> on 2001/01/23 01:34:45 UTC

logicsheets, stylesheets and cocoon-process

Hi,

  OK.  I'm confused.  I have xsp pages that accept
an XML input (either from a POST or util:include-file).  They
use the input to generate queries to access a database using
sql processor and then apply a stylesheet before returning the
results.  The processing instructions I'm currently using are:

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="evuestylesheet.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

This works.  I want to add a stylesheet transform to be run
against the XML input before the sql processor is used.

Re: logicsheets, stylesheets and cocoon-process

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
yOn Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Nadine Carlton wrote:

>   OK.  I'm confused.  I have xsp pages that accept
> an XML input (either from a POST or util:include-file).  They
> use the input to generate queries to access a database using
> sql processor and then apply a stylesheet before returning the
> results.  The processing instructions I'm currently using are:

i strongly suggest you ditch the sql processor and try the esql
logicsheet. however, judging from your cocoon-process PI's:

> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="evuestylesheet.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

you're not even using the sql processor. what gives?

> This works.  I want to add a stylesheet transform to be run
> against the XML input before the sql processor is used.
> >From the latest FAQ, I thought the xml-logicsheet would work,
> but I can't get it to work and adding a debug element at the
> top of the stylesheet with an xsl:value-of gives an error that
> xsl:value-of isn't allowed in stylesheets. Huh? The input
> stylesheet works through Xalan directly, and I certainly use
> xsl:value-of in the evuestylesheet.xsl that is already working.

read the xslt spec and you'll understand this error more. value-of isn't
valid where you're trying to use it.

- donald