Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Krishnakumar B <ww...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 10:54:12 UTC

Query related to test framework

Hi,

I am trying to understand how the test framework works and what kind
of integration test scenarios can be covered using the test suite. I
have some doubts that may sound stupid and they are listed below.

* Can this be used only for browser(console) related tests.
* What kind of functionality can i test using the suite.  Is it
components like deployment, console only or other features in the
server like SSO, Virtual hosts, Database Pools etc.

( For e.g - If i want to test SSO can i write a test case and use a
suitable app with the test suite to check all options in SSO)

Regards
Krish

Re: Query related to test framework

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
No, this will not work.

The property defined in the pom will always be used.

  * * *

And again... <assemblyId>${assemblyId}</assemblyId> is the default!
So this is pointless pom configuration.

--jason

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
On 12/4/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2006, at 8:25 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> > Thinking more about this, why do we even have the "defaultAssemblyId"
> > param there ? Why not have set the default-value on the "assemblyId"
> > parameter to be jetty ?
>
> Because, if you configure the assemblyId from the pom, then you can
> not override it on the command-line.

Not if you use a variable to configure the assemblyid and set the
default variable property in the pom.

<properties><assemblyId>jetty</assemblyId></properties>

and then

<assemblyId>${assemblyId}</assemblyId>

Now you can have your cake and eat it too. The command line property
would override the property set in the pom.

Oh, I know.. you hate property variables in pom :-)  But if you have
the default-value set in the mojo, then we could omit it in the pom
configuration all together.

Just a thought.

> --jason

Cheers
Prasad

Re: Query related to test framework

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Dec 4, 2006, at 8:25 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> Thinking more about this, why do we even have the "defaultAssemblyId"
> param there ? Why not have set the default-value on the "assemblyId"
> parameter to be jetty ?

Because, if you configure the assemblyId from the pom, then you can
not override it on the command-line.

> Having two params doing almost the same thing seems not only redudant
> but also confusing. Am I missing something else here ?

They are not the same :-P

The real value used is assemblyId, but as mentioned above, if you
configure this in the pom, then you can not use `mvn -
DassemblyId=tomcat` to change the assembly on the command-line.

Properties set on the command-line do not take precedence over pom
configuration (as one might have expected if you use Ant, which will
prefer -D properties to defined properties in build.xml).

Anyways, defaultAssemblyId is to be put into pom's... assemblyId is
to be used on the command-line.

--jason

Re: Query related to test framework

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.