Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Anita Ragothaman <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/22 00:18:22 UTC

KeyStoreException

Hello, I am new to Java security, cryptography etc. I have downloaded
wss4j1.5.1 and the jars that are associated, and am able to get a clean
compile. When I run any of the tests that are bundled with wss4j (for
instance: TestWSSecurityNewSCT.java), I get a KeyStoreException: jks not
found.

I work with JDK 1.3, Rational Application Developer

These are the troubleshooting steps I have done so far:

1. I have tried playing with the listing in the java.security file. It right
now looks like this:
security.provider.1=com.ibm.crypto.provider.IBMJCE
security.provider.2=com.ibm.jsse.IBMJSSEProvider
security.provider.3=com.ibm.security.jgss.IBMJGSSProvider
security.provider.4=com.ibm.security.cert.IBMCertPath
security.provider.5=com.ibm.crypto.pkcs11.provider.IBMPKCS11
security.provider.6=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE
security.provider.7=gnu.crypto.jce.GnuCrypto
security.provider.8=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider

2. For whatever it is worth, it does not crash when I execute the following
statement. It is able to fetch a keystore (KeyStoresSpi=JavaKeyStore,
provider="IBMJCE", type="jks")

KeyStore ks = KeyStore.getInstance("jks");

3. I have tried adding and deleting jars to the
runtimes/basev5_1/java/jre/lib/ext
The jars that I added are jce.jar, sunjce_provider.jar, bc_prov*.jar,
gnu_crypto.jar. The jce and gnu jars are also needed for another project I
am working on.

4. The keys folder that came with wss4j is in the classpath. I have also
tried moving it around in the workspace, but no luck.

Can someone please let me know what it is that I am missing??

Any pointers much appreciated. Thanks

Re: KeyStoreException

Posted by Anita Ragothaman <an...@gmail.com>.
Uh, Nevermind. I figured out my jre version was wrong. It was pointing to
eclipse instead of the WAS server.
Thanks.

Re: KeyStoreException

Posted by Anita Ragothaman <an...@gmail.com>.