Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com> on 2022/02/03 19:17:11 UTC

[PR] pulsar-adapters: remove Flink adapter

Hello,

I created a PR to remove Flink from the Pulsar adapters project:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-adapters/pull/34

Motivation is:
* It is based on an old version of Flink (1.7.2, current is 1.14.3) which
brings in dependencies with various CVEs. 1.7 is not maintained anymore.
* Flink added a pulsar connector in their project
https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/master/flink-connectors/flink-connector-pulsar
* Previous releases of the adapter still available and can be used, if
needed

Please review and let me know if there is a reason to not deprecate/remove
the Flink adapter.

--
Andrey Yegorov

Re: [PR] pulsar-adapters: remove Flink adapter

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
The patch is merged.

Thank you Andrey, removing dead code is a good thing, as it allows the
community to not waste energy.

Enrico

Posted by Devin Bost <de...@gmail.com>.