Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor)" <Ac...@comcast.com> on 2016/08/12 21:05:06 UTC

Kafka Mirror maker duplicate issue

Hi there,

I created a broker as stand by using Kafka Mirror maker but same messages gets consumed by both Source broker and mirror broker.

Ex:

I send 1000 messages let's say offset value 1 to 1000 and consumed  500 messages from the source broker. Now my broker goes down and want to read rest of the 500 messages  from Mirror broker.
But Mirror broker again gives all 1000 messages what I expected rest 500(offset value 501 to 1000). So there is no sync between the source and mirror broker.

Any idea what settings we have to do to solve the issue.

Thanks