Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ming Fai <mi...@hongkong.com> on 2001/09/29 04:33:12 UTC

Cocoon and Jetspeed configuration

I want to make both Cocoon(2.0rc1) and Jetspeed (1.3a2-dev) run in the same
Tomcat 3.2.x environment. After putting new version of xalan and xerces to
classpath, both of them can run, but Jetspeed doesn't run perfectly. There
are two cases:

1. When I use the latest version of Xerces (1.43) and Xalan (2.2d10), I can
run both of them. However, for Jetspeed, it got some problems that all
JetspeedContent cannot be displayed. It's fine for not to use
JetspeedContent but it's not so perfect.

2. When I use the unknown old version of Xalan. (built in Feb 2001, do you
have simple way to check the version of a library from the jar file?)
Jetspeed can run, but not cocoon.

The problem is at Xalan library. I notice Jetspeed come with Xalan 2.01 and
it seems Jetspeed (or better to say, JetspeedContent) does not support Xalan
2.2d10. Do you know how to get JetspeedContent work with the latest Xalan
version?

Regards,
mingfai

Re: Cocoon and Jetspeed configuration

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Ming Fai,
I was not able to get this configuration working due to conflicts among
Tomcat, Cocoon, and Jetspeed.  I end up with two instance of Tomcat 3.2,
one for Cocoon 1.8.2 and the other for Jetspeed, connect to one instance
of Apache.  Currently, I am using Tomcat 4.0, but I believe Tomcat 3.3
will also work.

Good luck,

Paul Spencer