Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Arjen van der Weijden <Ar...@rivm.nl> on 2006/03/20 16:57:04 UTC

eclipse plugin

I've been studying the article
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-gerplug/ that
describes howto quickly get started creating geronimo apps with eclipse.
The article mentions the geronimo plugin
org.eclipse.jst.server.geronimo.core_1.0.0, but I couldn't find it at the
referred locations. It seems the world has changed since the writing.

In the geronimo wiki I've found the following: "The above article refers to
ongoing development of this plugin as part of Eclipse's Web Tools project.
However as of recent, this is no longer, and it has been removed from WTP
drivers. Instead, it is now being developed as a subproject under Apache
Geronimo."

I came accross this geromnimo plugin at the apache site:
geronimo-eclipse-plugin-1.0.0.zip (unstable version) which unpacked
delivers me the package org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v1_1.0.0.

I installed this plugin with all the WTP-prerequisites and WTP itself.
Doesn't seem to work as described by ibm.

Question: Is this plugin the same as the ibm article describes?

thanks,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER:  http://www.rivm.nl/disclaimer.htm

Re: Lion won't roar: eclipse plugin

Posted by Arjen van der Weijden <Ar...@rivm.nl>.
The tutorial can be found at

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/ejbtutorial/buildingejbs.html

gr.

Arjen

|-------------------------------------->
|            Sachin Patel              |
|            <sp...@gmail.com>      |
|            2006-03-24 03:30 AM       |
|                Please respond to     |
|             user@geronimo.apache.org |
|-------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               To|
  |        user@geronimo.apache.org                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               cc|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                          Subject|
  |        Re: Lion won't roar: eclipse plugin                                                                      |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Can you refer me to the tutorial you are running?

- sachin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by George Lee <ge...@gmail.com>.
Can anyone help me identify the problem?

java.lang.ClassFormatError: com/zoo/Tiger (Illegal field modifiers: 0x2)
the Tiger Class is as  below...

/*
 * Generated by XDoclet - Do not edit!
 */
package com.zoo;

/**
 * Remote interface for Tiger.
 * @generated
 * @wtp generated
 */
public interface Tiger
   extends javax.ejb.EJBObject
{
   /**
    * <!-- begin-xdoclet-definition -->
    * @generated //TODO: Must provide implementation for bean method stub
*/
   public java.lang.String roar(  )
      throws java.rmi.RemoteException;

}

Posted by Arjen van der Weijden <Ar...@rivm.nl>.
Hi George,

I guess we're both in the same (little) league :).

No luck, I've been at it for two days as well, but I'm not giving up (yet).
Sachin has some ideas about this I believe.

thanx,

Arjen

|-------------------------------------->
|            "George Lee"              |
|            <ge...@gmail.com>   |
|            2006-03-24 02:44 AM       |
|                Please respond to     |
|             user@geronimo.apache.org |
|-------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               To|
  |        user@geronimo.apache.org                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               cc|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                          Subject|

Posted by George Lee <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arjen,

Posted by Arjen van der Weijden <Ar...@rivm.nl>.
Sachin,

Thanks for your reply, I'll try that.

gr.

Arjen

|-------------------------------------->
|            Sachin Patel              |
|            <sp...@gmail.com>      |
|            2006-03-23 04:57 PM       |
|                Please respond to     |
|             user@geronimo.apache.org |
|-------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               To|
  |        user@geronimo.apache.org                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               cc|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                          Subject|
  |        Re: Lion won't roar: eclipse plugin                                                                      |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi, some of the WTP articles that have been written are outdated due
to the late introduction of facets into the design.  I'm not sure
which particular article you are referring to, but you best bet is
probably to repost this on the wtp newsgroups.

- sachin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Re: eclipse plugin

Posted by Arjen van der Weijden <Ar...@rivm.nl>.
Like a breeze!!!

Thanks once again Sachin.

Arjen

|-------------------------------------->
|            Sachin Patel              |
|            <sp...@gmail.com>      |
|            2006-03-21 03:36 PM       |
|                Please respond to     |
|             user@geronimo.apache.org |
|-------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               To|
  |        user@geronimo.apache.org                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               cc|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                          Subject|
  |        Re: eclipse plugin                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Everyone keeps on running into this problem... :) The issue is that
you're probably launching eclipse on a 1.5 JRE.  To fix the problem,
simply launch eclipse using the -vm argument... (and from others
peoples input you'll need to recreate your app in a new workspace)

eclipse -vm C:\path\to\1.4.2\exec\javaw.exe

This should do the trick.  I'll start investigating the http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1454 and try to get a
resolution on it for the next release.

thx.

- sachin

Re: eclipse plugin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Re: eclipse plugin

Posted by Arjen van der Weijden <Ar...@rivm.nl>.
Another question. Got the server up and running on j2sdk1.4.2 from within
eclipse, and continued following the guidelines on deploying a minimal
application with just one html file. The "run as" command should deploy and
run the app but unfortunately nothing get deployed. Does anybody knows
howto perform the last and crucial step?

thanks,

Arjen

|-------------------------------------->
|            Arjen van der Weijden     |
|            <Arjen.van.der.Weijden@riv|
|            m.nl>                     |
|            2006-03-20 05:17 PM       |
|                Please respond to     |
|             user@geronimo.apache.org |
|-------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               To|
  |        user@geronimo.apache.org                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               cc|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                          Subject|
  |        Re: eclipse plugin                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                 |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Thanks sachin! I'll have a look at it.

|-------------------------------------->
|            Sachin Patel              |
|            <sp...@gmail.com>      |
|            2006-03-20 05:04 PM       |
|                Please respond to     |
|             user@geronimo.apache.org |
|-------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |        user@geronimo.apache.org

cc|

Subject|

Re: eclipse plugin

Posted by Arjen van der Weijden <Ar...@rivm.nl>.
Thanks sachin! I'll have a look at it.

|-------------------------------------->
|            Sachin Patel              |
|            <sp...@gmail.com>      |
|            2006-03-20 05:04 PM       |
|                Please respond to     |
|             user@geronimo.apache.org |
|-------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               To|
  |        user@geronimo.apache.org                                                                                 |
  |                                                                                                               cc|
  |                                                                                                          Subject|
  |        Re: eclipse plugin                                                                                       |

Re: eclipse plugin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.