Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Myles Baker <my...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/11 13:58:09 UTC

Introduction and Contribution Help

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself - I am interested in Ignite and have been lurking for a while. I’ve been working in high performance computing for my entire career, starting at NASA followed by working at software companies and providing consulting services. I deal with data problems daily and appreciate data grids for scalability and performance challenges.

So, the next step for my interest in Ignite is to start contributing to the project and understanding it at a deeper level technically. I’ve been following the  <http://a%20href=https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow>instructions for contributing <http://a href=https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow>, but I'm having trouble finding a good entry point for me to start contributing. I found a few newbie tickets that might be a good place to start: IGNITE-2049 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2049> and IGNITE-2895 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2895>. However, these either use specific systems that I can’t test or reference the EA process, which I’m unfamiliar with.

Any opinions? Other tickets that might be a better entry point for someone who has programmed in the JVM before?

Thanks,
Myles

Re: Introduction and Contribution Help

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Myles,

I need to add you to the list of Jira contributors. Can you tell me your
Jira username?

D.

Posted by Myles Baker <my...@gmail.com>.
Good afternoon Dmitriy,