Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Markus Geiß <ma...@live.de> on 2015/12/27 08:55:28 UTC

Use of TM and a Powered by Logo

Hey Mentors,

hope this finds you well. : o)
I have a few questions. ; o)

When should we start to use TM behind our brand, and when is it allowed
to provide a Powered by Apache logo? I guess we need to be TPL, right?

Best,

Markus

.::YAGNI likes a DRY KISS::.

Re: Use of TM and a Powered by Logo

Posted by ma...@live.de.

I've read this, and the general branding stuff ... once we have pulled your changes to the website ... I'll add some reference links ...

Best,

Markus

.:: YAGNI likes a DRY KISS ::.

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 11:38 AM -0800, "Roman Shaposhnik" <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 11:55 PM, Markus Geiß <ma...@live.de> wrote:
> Hey Mentors,
>
> hope this finds you well. : o)
> I have a few questions. ; o)
>
> When should we start to use TM behind our brand,

If you're looking to say Apache™ Fineract® I don't think you can
do that until  Apache Fineract gets registered. That can happen once
you've graduated to the TLP status.

I believe you can say  Apache Fineract (incubating)™ if you really
want that ™ qualification.

> and when is it allowed
> to provide a Powered by Apache logo? I guess we need to be TPL, right?

Correct.

In general, the following document is a pretty useful read around podling
branding requirements: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Use of TM and a Powered by Logo