Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Will England <wi...@mylanders.com> on 2001/04/25 04:20:55 UTC

Does mod_jk require 3.2? (was :Re: Multiple Unique Instances WITHOUT multiple JVM?)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Jeff Kilbride wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> Take a look at the mod_jk HowTo at:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/index.html
>
> There's an example virtual host configuration using a single JVM at the end
> of the file.

No way - I can just mount /webhome/customer1/servlet like that?  No
aliasing from /servlet/ to http://server:port/servlet?

Whoah.

So, does mod_jk require using tomcat 3.2?

Will

Re: Does mod_jk require 3.2? (was :Re: Multiple Unique Instances WITHOUT multiple JVM?)

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
Nope. With the new <Host> parameter in server.xml, virtual hosting in the
same JVM becomes pretty trivial.

The virtual host examples in the mod_jk HowTo require Tomcat 3.2.1+, I
believe. The <Host> param is new in this version.

Thanks,
--jeff