Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Keijzers, J.M.F. (Johan)" <Jo...@ing.com.INVALID> on 2019/01/14 14:42:53 UTC

Possible JMeter JDBC issue with implicit result sets in Oracle 12c

Hi all,

I'm setting up a script in JMeter, in which I connect to an Oracle 12c database via JDBC. I use the latest JDBC drivers provided by Oracle (ojdbc6.jar and ojdbc7.jar, tried them both separately).
The goal of my script is to call stored procedures in the database.

An example of a callable statement that I call is: call office_hierarchy()

When I perform this test, I get the following error message: ORA-20999: Oracle ERROR:: ORA-29478: Implicit result cannot be returned through this statement

I have tried select statements before, so I'm pretty sure that the connection is ok. I think that perhaps implicit results (or implicit cursors), which is a feature that has been introduced recently in Oracle, is not yet supported by JMeter. Is this true? Or is there a different explanation?

Thanks for your help all!

Kind regards

Johan Keijzers

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.

RE: Possible JMeter JDBC issue with implicit result sets in Oracle 12c

Posted by "Keijzers, J.M.F. (Johan)" <Jo...@ing.com.INVALID>.
Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response. After some more analysis I found that I made a mistake in my syntax. This is not an issue in JMeter.

So my original syntax was:

call stored_procedure()
call office_hierarchy()

However, the correct syntax is:

BEGIN
stored_procedure();
END;

BEGIN
office_hierarchy();
END;

This will resolve this issue, JMeter returns result sets without any issue now.

Kind regards,

Johan

Its the JDBC driver that appears to be throwing this exception so I dont think its JMeter. Are you sure you are using the correct version of ojdbc ?
Can you try it with a standalone java program using the same ojdbc driver?
Note Oracle wasnt  JDBC standards compliant when it came to cursors/resultsets if memory serves me correctly

regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi