Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sagar kar <sa...@genworth.com> on 2006/05/22 22:39:59 UTC

Axis2 and WS Security

I am doing a proof of concept on WS-Security. We use websphere appserver v
6.0 to develop our webservices.
RAD 6.0 supports the WS-Security 1.0.
I was able to create a secured webservice on RAD 6.0.
I can also use a RAD web client to send and receive messages from the
secured webservice.
Now my task is to create a Axis2 client and send and receive a secured
message to the WAS 6.0 service.
I am completely new to Axis2.

1)Is it possible to create a standalone axis client to test the WAS 6.0
secured web service?
2)Where do I start from?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sagar

Re: Axis2 and WS Security

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Use WSDL2Java to generate the client stub and use the Rampart module to
secure it.

Anne

Re: Axis2 and WS Security

Posted by Ali Sadik Kumlali <as...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Sagar,

You may start from the security sample that comes with axis2
distribution. Then, you may create the stub of the secure service by
using WSDL2Java. Using client_repo folder as found in security sample
along with your stub will let you do what you want.

Regards,

Ali Sadik Kumlali