Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2016/11/21 18:03:09 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Introducing Microbule...

We've been working on a Microservices framework called "Microbule" which
leverages CXF and Karaf (hence the cross-post):

https://github.com/jwcarman/microbule

The idea is to make writing Microservices easy and fun, by providing many
of the oft-requested features for you out-of-the-box (CORS, Caching, JSON
transformation, validation, etc.).  There's a README page that explains how
to install/run Microbule in Karaf and how to write your own services.  If
you're interested, take it for a spin and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

James

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Introducing Microbule...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
FYI, Microbule has now moved:

https://microbule.github.io/microbule/

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Wow, bootstrapping Meecrowave is pretty simple!  Nice work!  I think I
might need to bug you guys to beef up my CDI example (and convert it to
OWB)!

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Very cool, Mark!  I will check it out.  Looks like it's focusing on Tomcat
mostly at first glance.  Is that right?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi James

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi James

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I think blueprint is fine for now as it provides nice feature for microbule. I would evaluate DS\u2063\u200b as Christian suggested.

Regards
JB

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Introducing Microbule...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
By the way, I should give credit to Benson Margulies for giving me the
"secret sauce" of creating CXF servers on-the-fly!  Thanks, Benson!

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Well, provided the right transport is there, you can use whatever "address"
you want when you create a server.  It would just fire it up (as you've
seen in your code) for you.  The Karaf version can just use relative
addresses since CXF is already fired up and listening on "/cxf" in the
container.  So, if you just used Microbule outside of an OSGi container,
then you could do exactly as you're saying.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
That is a music to our ears :-). CXF JAXRS is built on the solid core
dome by all of the WS work, ex, Oneway CXF JAX-RS extension which will
become very important going forward IMHO would not be here without WS-RM
work, etc carried out earlier

Sergey

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.