Posted to general@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org> on 2007/08/21 11:04:08 UTC

[Result] - [VOTE] Use a Blog for news

I'm not going to tally the votes, so much discussion, so many 0's and
so much lack of enthusiasm suggests that there isn't enough support
for this and we need to explore other options. Thanks for you time.

This vote is now closed.

d.

Re: RE: Use a Blog for news

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> hey ho, looks like we'll be using confluence now :)
>
> No comment.  Hopefully short lived.

Noel,

It would help me if you could (re)state your concerns about ASF
Confluence for editing content.  I was sharing the discussion to a
coworker yesterday at lunch and was unable to articulate your position.
  Here are the dilemmas that my coworker backed me into:

1. Noel wants to use only ASF resources, but does not want to use the
ASF Confluence resource.

2. Noel demands QoS and well supported ASF resources yet prefers either
the two alternatives of a one man (Sam) hack or an unproven future ASF
resource (JRoller) over an existing ASF resource (Confluence) that is
used by many other projects and used in such a way that it is not
handling traffic directly.

Can you help me understand how you are viewing it?  I'm not saying you
have answers to the above questions, but clearly I'm missing some
assumptions or views that led my coworker to the above contradictions.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501

RE: Use a Blog for news

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Danny Angus wrote:

> You should've said we could've got jamesblog.a.o set up with an A record.

I did.  I guess you didn't understand.

Re: Use a Blog for news

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

RE: Use a Blog for news