Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Maximilian Weissboeck <Ma...@sphinx.at> on 2005/02/14 17:40:22 UTC

Session not sticky in Cluster with DirectLink

We have a problem with load balancing / session stickiness when using
DirectLink.

Using Tomcat 5.0.28 in a cluster with Apache 2.0 using mod_jk 1.2.8 as
load balancer, we have the problem that an application, which uses
DirectLink in its page is not sticky, whereas an application without
DirectLink in its page is sticky (bound to a specific Tomcat instance).

It seems that Apache mod_jk can not see the session info to bind the
Application to a Tomcat instance, if a DirectLink ise used. Instead
RoundRobin happens with this page.

Any hints anyone?

Thx, Max

Re: Session not sticky in Cluster with DirectLink

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Maximilian Weissboeck <Maximilian.Weissboeck <at> sphinx.at> writes:

> We have a problem with load balancing / session stickiness when using
> DirectLink.
>
> Using Tomcat 5.0.28 in a cluster with Apache 2.0 using mod_jk 1.2.8 as
> load balancer, we have the problem that an application, which uses
> DirectLink in its page is not sticky, whereas an application without
> DirectLink in its page is sticky (bound to a specific Tomcat instance).
>
> It seems that Apache mod_jk can not see the session info to bind the
> Application to a Tomcat instance, if a DirectLink ise used. Instead
> RoundRobin happens with this page.

Check your browser to see if it has a cookie named "JSESSIONID"
for your web app. Or better yet, capture the HTTP request to
see if the cookie is sent to mod_jk.