Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Athar <at...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/03 10:40:05 UTC

Re: EncryptContent issues after NIFI-1257 and NIFI-1259

I am getting this issue in even nifi 1.0.0 .  I am using "PGP_ASCII_ARMOR"
encryption algorithm.

I performed the following steps.
1 )  I  created the binary key using "GnuPG v2.0.14"  and executed the "PGP"
encryption algorithm. Its
    executing properly.
2) I exported the public key in ASCII format  and configure
"PGP_ASCII_ARMOR".  Its displaying  "Invalid header encountered"

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n15629/nifi_Error.png>

Re: EncryptContent issues after NIFI-1257 and NIFI-1259

Posted by Athar <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

Thank you for quick response. But I have requirement where different users
provide ASCII-armored format Keys (pubring.asc) and I have to encrypt the
data through PGP algorithm by using those key. I can convert the
ASCII-armored  keys into binary through GPG commands. But now next challenge
is "Public Keyring File" property doesn't support expression language.

Thanks
Athar Iqbal

Re: EncryptContent issues after NIFI-1257 and NIFI-1259

Posted by Michael Moser <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I believe the EncryptContent "Public Keyring File" property is expecting
the binary key that you generated in step 1.  You do not need to export the
public key into ASCII format.

Kind Regards,
-- Mike