Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Derek Poh <dp...@globalsources.com> on 2018/08/15 07:26:11 UTC

collections replicas still in Recovery Mode after restarting Solr

Hi
We have a setup of 2 servers, running Solr 6.6.2, on production.
There are 5 collections.
All collection are created as 1 shard x 2 replicas.

4 of the collections have this issue.
A replica of each of this 4 collections is in Recovery Mode. The
affected replicas are on the same server or node.
I noticed there is no Leader node indicated for this 4 collections in
the Solr Admin. This is the screenshot of the Solr Admin
http://imagebucket.net/pmndqkijla5c/solr_admin.PNG This is the commands
I used to stop and start the solr process, bin/solr stop -p 8983
bin/solr start -cloud -p 8983 -s "/apps/search/solr-6.6.2/home" -z
hktszk1:2181,hktszk2:2181,hktszk3:2181 May I know how can I bring up
this replicas? Derek

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer, and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments), whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance and/or other appropriate reasons.

Re: collections replicas still in Recovery Mode after restarting Solr

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/15/2018 1:26 AM, Derek Poh wrote:
> We have a setup of 2 servers, running Solr 6.6.2, on production.
> There are 5 collections.
> All collection are created as 1 shard x 2 replicas.
>
> 4 of the collections have this issue.
> A replica of each of this 4 collections is in Recovery Mode. The
> affected replicas are on the same server or node.
> I noticed there is no Leader node indicated for this 4 collections in
> the Solr Admin. This is the screenshot of the Solr Admin
> http://imagebucket.net/pmndqkijla5c/solr_admin.PNG This is the
> commands I used to stop and start the solr process, bin/solr stop -p
> 8983 bin/solr start -cloud -p 8983 -s "/apps/search/solr-6.6.2/home"
> -z hktszk1:2181,hktszk2:2181,hktszk3:2181 May I know how can I bring
> up this replicas? Derek

We see reports of this happening occasionally on different versions.

 From what I've seen, you may need to restart ALL of your Solr servers
at least once to clear the problem, even the ones that seem to be
working.  It may take more than one restart.

If there continue to be problems, share the solr.log file from each
server so we can look at what the errors are.

Thanks,
Shawn