Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Harry B <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/16 20:19:17 UTC

Hive over Hbase and slow query of sample data

Hello,

I have a HIVE over HBASE setup using two decent sized machines. I put 1 row
of sample data and a count(1) query takes roughly 10 minutes. A select * of
that 1 row runs in 0.2 seconds

I am using latest production cloudera dist (CDH4) and followed along
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HBaseIntegration

http://pastebin.com/DQ279b7b (select count(1) - 10 minutes)

http://pastebin.com/vamHTknc  (select * , sub-second, fast enough)

I understand this isn't meant for interactive query, but 10 minutes is way
too slow even if we include all the time to load all the code/jar/anything.
Where do I start looking for any configuration issues?

Thanks
--
Harry