Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com> on 2011/03/09 22:05:10 UTC

Excluding results from more like this

Hi all,

I'm using MoreLikeThis to find similar results but I'd like to exclude
records by the id number. For example, I use the following URL:

http://localhost:8983/solr/search/?q=id:(2 3
5)&mlt=true&mlt.fl=description,id&fl=*,score

How would I exclude record 4 form the MoreLikeThis results?

I tried,

http://localhost:8983/solr/search/?q=id:(2 3
5)&mlt=true&mlt.fl=description,id&fl=*,score&mlt.q=!4

But that still returned record 4 in the MoreLikeThisResults.

Re: Excluding results from more like this

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.
Yeah, that just restricts what items are in your main result set (and
adding -4 has no real effect).

The more like this set is constructed based on your main result set, for
each document in it.

As far as I can see from here: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MoreLikeThis

..there seems to be no built-in way to customize the 'more like this'
results in the way you want, excluding certain document id's.  I don't
entirely understand what mlt.boost  does, but I don't think it does
anything useful for this case.

So, if that's so,  you are out of luck, unless you want to write Java
code. In which case you could try customizing or adding that feature to
the MoreLikeThis search component, and either suggest your new code back
as a patch, or just use your own customized version of MoreLikeThis.

Posted by Brian Lamb <br...@journalexperts.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Brian,

...?q=id:(2  3 5) -4