Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Parker <pa...@austx.tandem.com> on 1998/11/30 23:53:43 UTC

Status Bug??

I'm seeing something strange with the latest from-cvs snapshot (as
well as one from 19981106141219).

Upon startup/restart/graceful the server status screen gives document
contains no data til the servers gets 10 or so requests then it
behaves normally.

Server Version: Apache/1.3.4-dev (Unix) mod_perl/1.16_02-dev

Anyone seen something similar.  I'll try to run a trace later tonight
when traffic dies down.

Michael

Re: Status Bug??

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:

> Is it intented that the "ap_restart_time" is not updated
> with a 'graceful restart'??

Pretty much... a graceful restart maintains the entire scoreboard,
totals such as #requests, bandwidth are based on the time since the
scoreboard was created.

Dean

Re: Status Bug??

Posted by Harrie Hazewinkel <ha...@jrc.it>.
HI,

A possible solution to this could be putting a
"starttime_of_child" in the scoreboard and then compare it
with the restart time. However, after a 'graceful restart'
the restart time is not updated.
Is it intented that the "ap_restart_time" is not updated
with a 'graceful restart'??

0- Harrie Hazewinkel --------------------------------------0
 mailto:harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it       phone:+39+0332786322
 http://operations.ceo.org/~harrie/      fax:+39+0332785641
 postal: JRC of the E.C.  -       -  Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy
0----------------------------------------------------------0

Re: Status Bug??

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@austx.tandem.com>.
I'm seeing it after a cold start, after a HUP restart and after a USR1
graceful restart.  I see these in the error logs:

[Tue Dec  1 06:47:48 1998] [notice] httpd: child pid 23888 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)
[Tue Dec  1 06:48:11 1998] [notice] httpd: child pid 23891 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)
[Tue Dec  1 06:48:17 1998] [notice] httpd: child pid 23882 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)

The "gets 10 or so requests" appears wrong, becase when I just tried
it came back after taking a single request.  Attempts to watch it
under truss lead to disaster because my server suddenly got busy.
I'll try my test server later today.

Michael

Re: Status Bug??

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.