Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/04/11 14:34:17 UTC

How to upload Geronimo jars to Maven repo

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I asked about it before, but can't find the answer.
How can I upload Geronimo jars to Maven1 and Maven2 repositories on
iBiblio. I'd like to use M2-ized version of some already-migrated
modules, but since they're not available anywhere, but on my laptop
it's not a viable option.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Re: How to upload Geronimo jars to Maven repo

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

--- Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:

> On 4/11/06, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > FYI --
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

    I was also under the impression that for ibiblio even you have to
follow these instructions, just like us mortals ;-)

Cheers
Anita

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: How to upload Geronimo jars to Maven repo

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 4/11/06, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI -- http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

If I receive it in another email, that won't be very funny ;)

> However, I don't think you want the modules on Ibiblio. Since they're
> snapshots and apt to be changing frequently, you'll want them on an
> Apache controlled repo. i.e. http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-
> repository/
>
> The maven 1 repo on Apache is automatically updated by GBuild.

That's what I thought. Thanks!

> Eventually, we'll want to do that for maven 2. For, now, you'll need
> to place in the repo manually by logging into apache.org and placing
> in the appropriate /www/cvs.apache.org/ directory. These are the
> repos referenced by geronimo/specs/trunk/pom.xml. I assume trunk is
> referencing the same...

Duh! I should've known that. Thanks again!

> --kevan

Jacek

---
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: How to upload Geronimo jars to Maven repo

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
Jacek,
   I need the following wars at org.apache.geronimo.geronimo-samples
(or something similar):
geronimo-jsp-examples-tomcat-5.5.15.war
geronimo-servlet-examples-tomcat-5.5.15.war

Thanks
Anita

--- Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: How to upload Geronimo jars to Maven repo

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 11, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty sure I asked about it before, but can't find the answer.
> How can I upload Geronimo jars to Maven1 and Maven2 repositories on
> iBiblio. I'd like to use M2-ized version of some already-migrated
> modules, but since they're not available anywhere, but on my laptop
> it's not a viable option.

Jacek,

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
We publish nightly SNAPSHOTS by rsync'n from the continuum install.
I don't know how this factors into the m2 build, but I hope we can
keep the sync from continuum working.

-dain

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 4/11/06, anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jacek,
>     Here it is. It was sent to me by you!
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

Thanks Anita for the reference, but well, I was asking about the exact
procedure for us, Geronimo committers. I know it involves logging into
people.apache.org, but what are the following steps?

> Anita

Jacek

---
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: How to upload Geronimo jars to Maven repo

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
Jacek,

http://mail.yahoo.com