Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/05 23:44:33 UTC

[Discuss] ActiveMQ CPP Client

Hi All,

I've started looking into a number of open cards on AMQ CPP client.

I've noticed that master is still 3.9.0-snapshot, when it likely
should be 3.10.0-SNAPSHOT now.

One supplied patch would bump openssl version to 1.0.2 from 0.9.8.
Would that bump be sufficient cause to increment the minor version?
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQCPP-619)

Once these patches are reviewed, and accepted - is there a release
process for the AMQ CPP client?

Tim, since you did a lot of work on this, your opinion would gladly be
appreciated.

Cheers,
Jamie

Re: [Discuss] ActiveMQ CPP Client

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
I've also merged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQCPP-619 into
branch 3.10.x, taking care to ensure no tabs slipped into the patch :)

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [Discuss] ActiveMQ CPP Client

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [Discuss] ActiveMQ CPP Client

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [Discuss] ActiveMQ CPP Client

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [Discuss] ActiveMQ CPP Client

Posted by Roddie Kieley <rk...@gmail.com>.
There is a page at,
http://activemq.apache.org/cms/activemq-cpp-product-version-number.html,
with a few details on the subject, even though it's probably a bit out of
date given that it states it's "DRAFT" status. On the subject of a 'minor'
release it says
"

For the ActiveMQ-CPP project, the numbers have the format
MAJOR.MINOR.REVISION, and the following meanings:

   - MAJOR: a change in the MAJOR number is necessary for anything that
   changes binary compatibility (e.g. changing a function prototype or class
   definition), or when major internal changes occur
   - MINOR: a change in the MINOR number is necessary whenever new
   functionality is added without breaking binary compatibility (e.g. adding a
   new class), or when anything other than very minor internal changes occur
   - REVISION: a change in the REVISION number is made for any other type
   of change that does not justify a change to MINOR or MAJOR

"

Is there new functionality that comes along with any of the patches or the
OpenSSL bump? There are also some notes regarding the creation of a
distribution for release at
http://activemq.apache.org/cms/creating-distributions.html but again, not
sure how current it would be.

As you mention Tim would probably be the most knowledgeable on the subject.

Roddie