Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ronen Itkin <ro...@taykey.com> on 2011/09/21 16:32:23 UTC

HBase HMaster/HServer 32bit/64bit issue

Hi,

Thanks for previous assistance!
I have a question regarding HBase 32bit/64bit.

Is that a problem having HBase HMaster 32bit server working with 64bit
HRegion servers?
Can it cause problems? are there any known issues about this case?

Thank!!
--
*
Ronen Itkin*

Re: HBase HMaster/HServer 32bit/64bit issue

Posted by Matt Corgan <mc...@hotpads.com>.
You'd probably have more of an issue with the amount of memory on 32 bit
instance types.  ~1.7gb.

Posted by Ronen Itkin <ro...@taykey.com>.
It is a strange setup - I agree.

--