Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Krause, Oliver {PDBI~Basel}" <OL...@Roche.COM> on 2002/08/09 13:53:25 UTC

Struts/CTLX/dreamweaver integration

Dear all,
I try again now to ask...;-)
I have the problem to get this struts taglibs work within dreamwaever.
Short description: I followed the documentation from Dan which can be found in the ctlx section of jakarta. I can choose a tag lib from the poplist box within dw4 (struts, struts-bean etc.) BUT when I press 'Use Tag Library' I get an error message like 'Tag lib xy is not found on server'. The tomcat console shows a connection time out.
I tried to recontruct what the useTabLibs.js (part of the dreamweaver extension) does. The 'query' to fill fill the poplist in dw can be executed with a browser (http://localhost:8080/TLDParser/servlet/TLDParser?mode=tdlist). The result is 'the list' of the three .tld files within the <CATINA_HOME>webapps/TLDParser/tlds/ directory. The second 'query' resp. the command to 'use taglibs' fails within dw4 and in a browser (http://localhost:8080/TLDParser/servlet/TLDParser?mode=ultradev&prefix=struts   (struts or struts-bean etc)). Nothing happens if you enter this as an URL...
Any ideas what is missing / wrong configured??
Is a parser (Xerces) missing? Any further configuration needed

Thanks for any hint!!!

Best wishes,   olli

P.S. I tried on a WinNT, W2K and WinXP localhost and a tomcat on Solaris