Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dorian Hoxha <do...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/17 09:25:05 UTC

Index time sorting and per index mergePolicyFactory

Hi,

I know this is done in lucene, but I don't see it in solr (by searching +
docs on collections).

I see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/IndexConfig+in+SolrConfig
but it's not mentioned for index-time-sorting.

So, is it possible and definable for each index ? I want to have some
sorted by 'x' field, some by 'y' field, and some staying as default.

Thank You

Re: Index time sorting and per index mergePolicyFactory

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Wait, on the page you referenced there's this which appears to be
exactly what you want:

<mergePolicyFactory class="org.apache.solr.index.SortingMergePolicyFactory">
  <str name="sort">timestamp desc</str>
  <str name="wrapped.prefix">inner</str>
  <str name="inner.class">org.apache.solr.index.TieredMergePolicyFactory</str>
  <int name="inner.maxMergeAtOnce">10</int>
  <int name="inner.segmentsPerTier">10</int>
</mergePolicyFactory>

And since this is in solrconfig.xml which is defined per core you can
specify whatever
you want for each core.

Also see SOLR-5730 and SOLR-8621

Best,