Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@apache.org> on 2012/07/16 02:37:25 UTC

[ANN] Maven Enforcer Plugin 1.1.1 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
Enforcer Plugin, version 1.1.1

This plugin provides goals to control certain environmental
constraints such as Maven version, JDK version and OS family along
with many more standard rules and user created rules.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.1.1</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Enforcer Plugin - Version 1.1.1

** Bug
    * [MENFORCER-117] - Custom Packaging with executions fails with
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in RequirePluginVersions.java:702

** Task
    * [MENFORCER-132] - Add missing rules to standard rules page and
reorder them

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Enforcer Plugin 1.1.1 Released

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
There is also a bigger problem if someone behind a MRM tries to use
the plugin before available. At least Nexus has a not found cache with
a default ttl of 24 hours. So that would then in effect block access
to it for about a day even when available at central (unless the admin
clears the nfc). THAT is annoying!

/Anders

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The site one might be, but there is nothing about Maven Central, I've
>> already pinged the PMC to find out what the sync times are.
>
> Brian says
> "The sync into central staging from rao occurs every 4 hours. There is
> a separate hourly schedule that runs which pushes from staging to the
> other central machines, and then updates the indexes."
>
> I will update the docs.

http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html

Now updated with "Promote the release > 4. Wait for everything to sync"

Re: [ANN] Maven Enforcer Plugin 1.1.1 Released

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The site one might be, but there is nothing about Maven Central, I've
> already pinged the PMC to find out what the sync times are.

Brian says
"The sync into central staging from rao occurs every 4 hours. There is
a separate hourly schedule that runs which pushes from staging to the
other central machines, and then updates the indexes."

I will update the docs.

Also there were some technical difficulties that caused problems this time.

> I think there might be an issue with .htaccess re-write rules for enforcer.
> I will have to check.

Actually, it was an error in permissions that needed fixing before the
docs could get updated. They are now deployed and need to wait for the
sync to occur.

Re: [ANN] Maven Enforcer Plugin 1.1.1 Released

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:07:25 +0930
Barrie Treloar <ba...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Barrie,

FYI, could you wait that everything is synch before sending release announcement:

- artifacts synch to maven central
- site synch

I just get annoyed about it (at least I know the problem), but other people could ask to users mailing-list where is the version. So waiting that everything to be synched is a good pratice.

I will have a look if it is not in release procedure.

Any way thanks for the release;)

cheers,

tony.

-
> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
> Enforcer Plugin, version 1.1.1
>
> This plugin provides goals to control certain environmental
> constraints such as Maven version, JDK version and OS family along
> with many more standard rules and user created rules.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/
>
> You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1.1</version>
> </plugin>
>
> Release Notes - Maven 2.x Enforcer Plugin - Version 1.1.1
>
> ** Bug
>     * [MENFORCER-117] - Custom Packaging with executions fails with
> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in RequirePluginVersions.java:702
>
> ** Task
>     * [MENFORCER-132] - Add missing rules to standard rules page and
> reorder them
>
> Enjoy,
>
> -The Maven team

Tony Chemit