Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by mikedanese <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2011/12/14 19:45:48 UTC

Re: DeploymentException: POJO web service not configured by any web service builder

I am getting the exception in env:websphere community edition. Thanks Kevan
but it would be nice if you would elaborate just a bit regarding 'Or you can
create a custom assembly...'. FYI, I am using the ws.community edition as a
local env. to replicate issues on client production(websphere) environments.
As such it would be great if there was a way to just toggle-off the
webservices.

Re: DeploymentException: POJO web service not configured by any web service builder

Posted by dkateros <dk...@gmail.com>.
This thread seems to be the only useful google result for this error message,
so I will resurrect it.

I got the same error on geronimo 3.0.1 deployment (while geronimo 2.2 does
not produce the problem)

POJO web service: SimpleInstallmentsCalculatorService not configured by any
web service builder
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: POJO web service:
SimpleInstallmentsCalculatorService not configured by any web service
builder
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.addGBeans(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:636)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.addGBeans(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:174)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:764)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:281)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:145)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:131)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:877)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:245)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

The problem was a transitive maven dependency of jaxws-api was not declared
with provided scope and these jars ended up in the war.

[INFO] \- javax.xml.ws:jaxws-api:jar:2.2.6:provided
[INFO]    +- javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api:jar:2.2.4:provided
[INFO]    |  +- javax.xml.stream:stax-api:jar:1.0-2:provided
[INFO]    |  \- javax.activation:activation:jar:1.1:provided
[INFO]    +- javax.xml.soap:saaj-api:jar:1.3.4:provided
[INFO]    +- org.glassfish:javax.annotation:jar:3.1.1:provided
[INFO]    \- javax.jws:jsr181-api:jar:1.0-MR1:provided

I am not sure if this demonstrates an underlying geronimo 3.0.1 problem, as
no hidden classes were declared on geronimo-web.xml. Anyway, hope this
helps.

Re: DeploymentException: POJO web service not configured by any web service builder

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
The description for option  org.apache.cxf.jaxws.
checkPublishEndpointPermission  could be found in
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/web-services-issues.html. I doubt that
it is related to your issue.
If the problem is that RMIConnector could not write it to the deploy
directory, I guess that whether the problem is that JRE does not have
permission to do that, as I saw that you are working on windows 7, the user
control system in win 7 sometimes cause some strange behaviors.

2012/1/17 mikedanese <mi...@hotmail.com>

> More time spent on this, still cant deploy my war:
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
> Seems 'RMIConnection' tries to write the war file to the deploy directory
> (eg: appserver-base/repository/xx but is denied access by jre.
> ( windows7 / eclipse indigo / wsce-eclipse plugin / websphere comm. edition
> V3.0).
> Some things I have tried:
> 1. From eclipse server view(wsceV3.0) edit the 'launch configuration' to
> add
> VM arguments, eg:
> -Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:/C:/ibm/wsce/appserverV3.0/bin/
> -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=localhost
> -Djava.security.policy=server.policy
> -DXorg.apache.geronimo.deployment.LenientMFCP=true
>
> 2. edit jre java.policy file (jre/lib/security/java.policy) eg:
> grant codeBase "file:///C:/ibm/wsce/appserverV3.0/*" {
> permission java.security.AllPermission;
> };
>
> Please advise the correct way to grant access to write the war file to wsce
> deploy directories.

Ivan

Re: DeploymentException: POJO web service not configured by any web service builder

Posted by mikedanese <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for your thoughts and feedback.

>From geronimo deployment logging I was able to get more info. I see the
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) may be the root
cause. This follows what was reported earlier in this Thread --"Need to add
permission for the accessPrivelegedException,
export
JAVA_OPTS=-Dorg.apache.cxf.jaxws.checkPublishEndpointPermission=false"

Ideally this would be set as part of the eclipse websphere CE plugin's
launch config.
In fact it would seem to be there already in the default lauch config:
Djava.endorsed.dirs="$(GERONIMO_HOME)/lib/endorsed:$(JRE_HOME)/lib/endorsed"
which adds geronimo's endorsed dirs to jre's endorsed. Then those jars
should have 'All Permissions' as per default java.policy file, right?

Re: DeploymentException: POJO web service not configured by any web service builder

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
There's also a chance that if you include a servlet api jar in your application and set up geronimo classloading to load application classes first there will be a conflict between the servlet api jar in your app and the one geronimo includes.  Don't include a servlet api jar in your app, this is always supplied by the environment you are deploying into.

david jencks

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>        at
>
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:788)
>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at

>         at
> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:303)
>        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
>        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
>        at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
>        at
>
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
>        at
>
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)

Ivan

Re: DeploymentException: POJO web service not configured by any web service builder

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
For CE 2.1 or G 2.1, refer to [1]; For G 2.2.1, refer to [2]

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/custom-server-assemblies-using-geronimo-administrative-console.html
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/assembling-a-server-via-console.html

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:45 PM, mikedanese <mi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am getting the exception in env:websphere community edition. Thanks Kevan
> but it would be nice if you would elaborate just a bit regarding 'Or you
> can
> create a custom assembly...'. FYI, I am using the ws.community edition as a
> local env. to replicate issues on client production(websphere)
> environments.
> As such it would be great if there was a way to just toggle-off the
> webservices.

Thanks!

Regards, Forrest