Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Hendrik Beck (camunda)" <he...@camunda.com> on 2007/03/12 22:59:31 UTC

Same web application, two domains

Hi there!

I am working on a project using MyFaces and have some kind of requirement
that makes a little bit trouble: there should be ONE JSF webapp that should
be accessible via two different URLs (e.g. www.mydomain1.com/webapp and
www.mydomain2.com/webapp), but it should keep the JSF session when switching
the URLs.

Obviously the session cookie won't be sent anymore when changing the URL so
without doing anything the session will be lost then. I can't really find a
solution. Are there any best practices or something on how to keep the
session in such a case?

Ah, one more: Sending the session ID manually when switch the URLs would be
one possible way I would say, but that's not really appropriate for some
other reasons.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
Hendrik