Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com> on 2014/08/30 03:03:43 UTC

[BLOCKED] Unable to connect to management server on current master builds

CC Rohit here in case he didn't see this email.

Rohit, can you fix this?

Thanks
-min

RE: [BLOCKED] Unable to connect to management server on current master builds

Posted by Rayees Namathponnan <ra...@citrix.com>.
Any update on this ? we are unable to use latest build and automation run blocked.

Regards,
Rayees

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
> I don't have access to that Jenkins instance beyond the public access to know what it's actually running etc.

Could you send a separate email requesting for access to the
instance's jobs? There's two levels of access and providing access to
configure new jobs and administer from the UI is easy enough.
Permitting key based access to the instance can also be done based on
needs and discretion of the project. There's no strict rules around it
afaik.

RE: [BLOCKED] Unable to connect to management server on current master builds

Posted by Alex Brett <Al...@citrix.com>.
Firstly just to confirm your workaround seems to have done the trick - I can now contact the management server again. Interestingly I don't see the log message your change added in APIAuthenticationManagerImpl.java if that means anything

In terms of Java versions, at runtime I'm using whatever the 1.7 JRE you get with RHEL 6.3 is - the build will be using whatever JDK http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/job/package-rhel63-master/ uses, as that's where I've been getting the ACS master builds from. I don't have access to that Jenkins instance beyond the public access to know what it's actually running etc.

Alex

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
On 31-Aug-2014, at 5:07 pm, Rayees Namathponnan <ra...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Mostly Alex should be using java 1.7 only.

I would advise to only use jdk “1.7” and try again with a clean environment with latest master. If it’s failing for some reason check if any spring config/xmls were changed, it looks like a failed dependency injection which is causing it.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

RE: [BLOCKED] Unable to connect to management server on current master builds

Posted by Rayees Namathponnan <ra...@citrix.com>.
We are supporting java 1.7 only in 4.5 release,  I think management sever don't even start with java1.6

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Alex Brett <Al...@citrix.com>.
The job is http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/simulator/job/simulator-singlerun/239/ - I'm out the office today but in theory a BVT run should happen automatically so I'll try and check it later...

Alex