Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Watters <an...@gointernet.co.uk> on 2004/11/17 11:43:30 UTC

Setting properties in maven.xml

Is it possible to set properties in maven.xml using the <property
name="" value=""/>?

For example, the following code runs ok but the goal ignores the
property that I have set

<property name="maven.tomcat.precompile" value="false"/>
<attainGoal name="tomcat:deploy"/>

However, if I set the property in project.properties everything works fine.

Am I misusing the attainGoal tag?

Thanks
Andrew

Re: Setting properties in maven.xml

Posted by Andrew Watters <an...@gointernet.co.uk>.
Excellent, thanks Dan, that works. Still making the mental step from ant
to maven when it comes to writing goals.

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.