Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Carlos Reategui <cr...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/24 01:06:36 UTC

Upgrading hosts

Hi All,
I am going to be adding new hosts and would like to take the opportunity to
upgrade some of my existing hosts (1->10GBe and XS6.0.2->XS6.2).  My
understanding is that all hosts in the same Cluster should be identical
(I'm using XenServer), but what about at the Pod level?

Can I migrate VMs from one Pod to another in the same Cluster? I am using
NFS storage for primary.

This is what I would like to do:
1) And new hosts to same storage and management/guest lans.
2) Install XS 6.2 on new hosts
3) Create a new ACS Cluster in same Pod
4) Migrate instances over to new Cluster.
5) Remove hosts from old Cluster
6) Upgrade network cards in 'old' hosts and re-install XS6.2
7) Add upgraded hosts to new cluster

Please note besides the network cards the old and new hosts are identical.

Thoughts?
Has anyone done this before?

This will be on a small ACS 4.3 deployment using basic networking.

thanks,
-Carlos