Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2017/08/23 22:46:40 UTC

[VOTE] hbase-thirdparty project, first release candidate 1.0.1RC0

This is a minor update to hbase-thirdparty, our little side project of
relocated popular includes such as guava, protobuf, and netty (See [1] for
more on what hbase-thirdparty is).

hbase-thirdparty 1.0.1RC0 is available at:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-thirdparty/1.0.1RC0/

Maven artifacts are available in the staging repository:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1174

Artifacts are signed with 8ACC93D2 which is at the tail of our KEYS file
http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.

I tagged this RC as 1.0.1RC0 at in the hbase-thirdparty repo at
e07089bee6f51aec65de932b302894507903bd6e
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase-thirdparty

This minor release includes three fixes:

HBASE-18321 [hbase-thirdparty] Fix generation of META-INF/DEPENDENCIES to
include dependency list and versions
HBASE-18666 [hbase-thirdparty] Exclude errorprone annotation
com.google.errorprone.annotations.CanIgnoreReturnValue
HBASE-18313 [hbase-thirdparty] Produce src jars/tgz

The first fixes an issue found during VOTE on 1.0.0, the second makes it so
errorprone build will work back in mainline hbase, and the third has us
producing src jars when we publish to maven.

VOTE lasts 72 hours.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#thirdparty

Re: [VOTE] hbase-thirdparty project, first release candidate 1.0.1RC0

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Checksum, signature good.
Built hbase pointing to staging repo.

I agree with Mike's LICENSE and CHANGES suggestions.

Peter

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 4:05 AM, Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Checked sums and signatures: OK
> Build from source: OK, checked both "mvn clean install" and "mvn clean
> assembly:single", everything looks perfect
>
> Minor:
> 1. Also noticed the google directory after
> decompressing hbase-shaded-protobuf jar ball
> 2. Noticed patches-applied.txt in hbase-shaded-protobuf/target after build,
> maybe we could put the contents into CHANGES.txt?
>
> Thanks for voting Yu Li. Agree that we should note that the protobuf has
been patched. Let me do that for next release.
Thank you,
St.Ack

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks for voting Duo. Filed HBASE-18709 for errant protos. Thanks.
St.Ack

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.