Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by suwie <an...@inspiredsystems.com.au> on 2016/07/01 05:55:14 UTC

ActiveMQ Web Console

For any ActiveMQ expert out there, Does anyone know why the messages enqueued
is always increasing and the messages dequeued is always zero within the
Topics.jsp web page of ActiveMQ web console?

Do they actually occupy some percentage of the available storage? If they
do, how can we keep the numbers down or even clean them up regularly?

We regularly getting problem with full store usage after running for a while
and was wondering if this is one of the causes.

If someone can shed some light on this, that would be great.

<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4713538/Untitled.png>

Re: ActiveMQ Web Console

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
If a topic has no consumers, a message is enqueued but can be discarded
immediately because it has been dispatched to all consumers (zero, in this
case).  In that case, the messages use no resources, and they would not
explain a full message store.

However, if you have subscriptions (either from a connected consumer or
from an offline durable subscriber) on a topic, then enqueues without
corresponding dequeues means that messages are not getting consumed, which
could explain the message store getting full.

Tim