Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Greg Trasuk <tr...@trasuk.com> on 2013/11/10 21:19:29 UTC

Code provenance on com.sun.jini.tool.classdepend.AbstractDependencyVisitor?

Hi all - In particular Jonathan Costers:

I’m in process of rolling a release candidate for 2.2.2 (out of the 2.2 branch), and I’ve noticed that we’re missing AL2.0 headers on a few files.  Most of them are simply manifest files that were in the original contribution from Sun, so I’m OK with just adding the AL2.0 header.  However one of them has an Inria copyright on it.

com.sun.jini.tool.classdepend.AbstractDependencyVisitor.java was added by jcosters on 4/17/2009 and subsequently edited by peter_firmstone on 9/25/2009.

I suspect that you started from a shell that was in the asm.jar examples (because why would asm use the file name ‘AbstractDependencyVisitor’?), and that leaving the INRIA header on it was a mistake, so we really ought to just change it to AL2.0.  Jonathan, could you confirm that?

BTW, the INRIA license is AL2.0-compatible, so leaving the header there would be OK, but it just seems out-of-place.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.