Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by freeway <fw...@qad.com> on 2010/06/25 18:03:00 UTC

OpenEJB 3.1.3 availability date?

Is the availability of the next OpenEJB release 3.1.3 scheduled yet?  There
are a couple of changes present in the code base that would make the upgrade
attractive to us.  Even if the schedule is not firm, please provide a rough
date or date range if there is one.  I searched the web site and forums, and
found a few references that vaguely suggest 3.1.3 might be released in the
next few months, but nothing more.

I know that the Maven SNAPSHOTs are always available for test purposes, but
would still like to use a released build as the basis for any upgrade.

Thx in advance,
Fred

Re: OpenEJB 3.1.3 availability date?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jul 7, 2010, at 6:29 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:04 AM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com>wrote:
>

>> On Jun 25, 2010, at 9:03 AM, freeway wrote:
>>

>>> Is the availability of the next OpenEJB release 3.1.3 scheduled yet?
>> There
>>> are a couple of changes present in the code base that would make the
>> upgrade
>>> attractive to us.  Even if the schedule is not firm, please provide a
>> rough
>>> date or date range if there is one.  I searched the web site and forums,
>> and
>>> found a few references that vaguely suggest 3.1.3 might be released in
>> the
>>> next few months, but nothing more.
>>>
>>> I know that the Maven SNAPSHOTs are always available for test purposes,
>> but
>>> would still like to use a released build as the basis for any upgrade.
>>
>> Thanks for the note!  We restarted that discussion and it looks like we've
>> just got a few small things to button up before we can start rolling final
>> binaries.  I'm guessing we're looking at 2-4 weeks before voting.
>

> Hi David,
>
> Because geronimo 2.2.2 release are targeted to July.   As one of
> the dependency,  could openejb 3.1.3 be ready sooner ?

The above is a guess, could be sooner depending on how long it takes to clear up the remaining work.

-David

Re: OpenEJB 3.1.3 availability date?

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Shawn

Re: OpenEJB 3.1.3 availability date?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 25, 2010, at 9:03 AM, freeway wrote:

> Is the availability of the next OpenEJB release 3.1.3 scheduled yet?  There
> are a couple of changes present in the code base that would make the upgrade
> attractive to us.  Even if the schedule is not firm, please provide a rough
> date or date range if there is one.  I searched the web site and forums, and
> found a few references that vaguely suggest 3.1.3 might be released in the
> next few months, but nothing more.
>
> I know that the Maven SNAPSHOTs are always available for test purposes, but
> would still like to use a released build as the basis for any upgrade.

Thanks for the note!  We restarted that discussion and it looks like we've just got a few small things to button up before we can start rolling final binaries.  I'm guessing we're looking at 2-4 weeks before voting.  Actual voting takes a week usually.

-David