Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by David Cromberge <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/28 22:57:05 UTC

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-Java 3.0.0-RC1

Unfortunately I have detected an error that is a by-product of the release
process.  This causes Apache rat to fail on the uploaded artefacts and not
on the release branch when running manual checks.

Since nobody has had the chance to vote yet, I'll cancel the vote on
3.0.0-RC1 and get a fresh RC2 release out in a couple of hours.

Thank you,
David

Re: [CANCELLED] [VOTE] Release Apache DataSketches-Java 3.0.0-RC1

Posted by David Cromberge <da...@permutive.com>.
Automating the check is a great idea.
For the java release, we generate a git.properties file via a maven plugin which is ultimately used to include git information in the JAR manifest.
I’m not sure where in the release process this is being generated and evading our existing steps.
David

Posted by Jon Malkin <jo...@gmail.com>.