Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org> on 2006/02/07 15:41:15 UTC

Maven2 poms

I can get M2 to compile things (great!), but I don't see how to get it
to deploy to tomcat, like the M1 stuff does.

I also noticed some differences in the dependencies specified between M1
and M2.  Shouldn't they just be the same, except for version differences?

--
Julie MacNaught
IBM Research

Re: Maven2 poms

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Julie MacNaught wrote:
> I noticed that commons-logging is required by the swingconsumer, which
> is how I got to looking at the dependencies :).
Ah, ok, it's not directly needed for compilation, but I guess some third
party jar needs it. Now if the m2 poms for that third party jar are
correct, then commons-logging will be included automatically.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: Maven2 poms

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Julie MacNaught wrote:
>> I can get M2 to compile things (great!), but I don't see how to get it
>> to deploy to tomcat, like the M1 stuff does.
> Don't know either :) I guess we can ask at the mvn user list.
Ok.  Perhaps I'll look at how pluto deploys to tomcat.

>> I also noticed some differences in the dependencies specified between M1
>> and M2.  Shouldn't they just be the same, except for version differences?
> No, not exactly. Now, the m1 poms contained some dependencies that are
> not used (like commons-logging)
I noticed that commons-logging is required by the swingconsumer, which
is how I got to looking at the dependencies :).

> and m2 used transitive dependencies
> which makes maintaining the deps easier. For example, you only have to
> depend on the persistence-xml module and don't have to care if that one
> is using castor or not.
Cool.

Re: Maven2 poms

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.