Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anne-Marie Ternes <An...@cie.etat.lu> on 2001/04/10 16:15:01 UTC

jsp + servletbean (problem 2)

Hi again,

I've written a small JSP here, which calls a simple servletbean through
<jsp:usebean> tags. The aim is only to play around with the getProperty
and SetProperty things, and to get jsp and servlet to work together.

When I try to access the jsp, I get a strange 500 Error.

This is what I have done.
- I have added a context to server.xml:
<Context path="/javaapps"
                 docBase="/oas/oashome/apps/javaapps"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >
</Context>
- I have added the following to my copied-and-cut tomcat-apache file:
Alias /javaapps "/oas/oashome/apps/javaapps"
<Directory "/oas/oashome/apps/javaapps">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /javaapps/servlet /javaapps
<Location "/javaapps/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Location "/javaapps/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

-The directory structure:
Under /oas/oashome/apps/javaapps, I've got a subdirectory "jsp" where my
"jsp" file is, I've got a subdirectory WEB-INF/classes where my bean is
located.

- Both subdirectories are in my profile CLASSPATH, and I checked that
Tomcat also considers them to be in his classpath

If it can help you, I can post you the exact error the browser gives me,
as well as my small JSP and my also small bean. But I didn't know if I
should post them inline or as attachments?

I'd be glad if someone could give me a hint on what I'm doing wrong...

Thanx,

Anne-Marie

P.S. "No-bean" JSPs and servlets work fine.
--
=====================================
Anne-Marie Ternes

Informaticien diplômé

Centre Informatique de l'Etat
B.P. 1111
L-1011 Luxembourg

Tél: 49 925 642
E-Mail: anne-marie.ternes@cie.etat.lu
=====================================

Re: jsp + servletbean (problem 2)

Posted by Anne-Marie Ternes <An...@cie.etat.lu>.
Hi,

I solved my little problem described below, thanks to some messages I found
here!

Three things I got wrong:
- The "B" in "useBean" has to be a capital B...  (arrrgghh)
- The bean classname as well as the file name has to begin with a capital
letter, i.e. DatabaseAccess.java, and class DatabaseAccess
- I've got to put a page import statement into my JSP file:
<%@ page import = "DatabaseAccess" %>

Now this works!

am

--